Me and my wife stayed her for our honey moon for 3 nights. We arrived at night time and were a bit concerned as we were driving into the hotel entrance that this was going to be bad. There were no lights past the main entrance as you drive up switchback roads about 6 minutes to the top of the observatory. However, once we got to the main hotel area it was dimly lit which was just enough to really accentuate all the native vegetation along the walkways and emphasized the main lodge area.
Our check in was flawless, the reception staff was extremely friendly. Our room was upgraded from a standard room to a higher tier (not the highest) because we were just married which was a pleasant surprise. we didn't do very much that night as it was late so we went to our room.
The room we had was pretty nice, it had all the amenities you would need but it certainly wasn't luxurious but we weren't really looking for that. We got up the next morning at 6am because of jet lag and going outside for the first time we realized we had a perfect view of Arenal Volcano right from our door! Only bad thing i can say is that there were animals scratching on our windows in the middle of the night. I slept like a baby but my wife was a bit annoyed.
We had a buffet breakfast which had some traditional Costa Rican dishes as well as pancakes and cereal. we were joined on the balcony by their mascot parrot Stephania. She helped herself to some of our breakfast, she loves plantains! There is a tour desk and WiFi in the main lodge area if you need to use internet on your phone or tablet. The tour staff was very nice, but she works for 1 company that does many tours. we did a few of their tours but did our own research and asked her to book us with those other companies and she was happy to do so. Most of the tours will provide shuttles to and from all locations. Arenal Lodge also offered a free morning tour on a path near their grounds as well as a free 1 hour horseback riding. Both of these tours were free (honestly not sure if it came with our package or if everyone gets it, might be worth it to clarify) and were conducted by Miguel, the tour guide for Arenal Lodge. This man is amazing. He was so nice and so knowledgeable about everything you see. He has such a passion for what he does and he has a way of speaking that makes you hang on his every word. He will make you laugh and smile. We are even friends with him on Facebook now! I had heard from other reviews he was good but was skeptical. Now I couldn't agree more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park