This Lodge sits on a 1000 acre working ranch. The view from our chalet of Mt Arenal was one of the best hotel views we have ever experienced. We were there three days, which seems to be the norm among other reviewers. The area is too remote for a day trip from the bigger cities. Miguel does a great job on the hike and horse back riding tour. Horses are geared for neophyte riders like us so don't expect galloping steeds. We saw lots of wild life that you just don't see outside of a zoo in the US. The roads are not as bad as some reported but they are two lane and you do need to heed safety precautions more than at home. I would not drive at night. We also did the hot springs and zip lines which are not on the property. We would go back too see water fall near Fortuna and the hanging bridges near the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park