We stayed 6 days in Costa Rica and decided not to change locations. We booked the Arenal Lodge for those 6 days and have not regreted it for one second. Yes, the road up is a bit bumpy and takes about 8 minutes, but it is well worth the drive. We were there in April during dry season and had no problem driving up in our Hyndai Sedan. During rainy season a 4-wheel drive might be a good idea though.
We stayed in one of their Junior Suites and had a fantastic view. You won't find air conditioning but they have several windows that create a nice draft. It was always comfortable in the room. Some people complained that clothes won't dry, which should not be a surprise since you are in the rain forest. Humidity is high. The hotel offered that we can throw our shoes and clothes in their dryer.
The breakfast was excellent. Go with the typical one during the week. On weekends, when it is more crowded, they offer a breakfast buffet.
They also offer a free walking tour with guide, which can not be missed. Only complaint for me was the bed, which was a bit too hard for my taste.
I definitely recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park