My wife, me, and another couple(all between 27-33) stayed here from 03/21 to 03/26. I booked the Superior room through hotels.com. When we arrived the guy at the front desk said they didn't have a room for us for 03/24; which was in the middle of our stay. That got us concerned for a moment, but he quickly replied that he would upgrade us for free to the junior room. Yes, I know that sounds backwards, but that's the way they have them names.
The complimentary breakfast buffet we had every morning was delicious. All of the various staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful! Drinks made by the bartender were excellent.
LOCATION(and stuff about the driveway):
So this place is about 20 minutes from La Fortuna. Just enough to be closer to the volcano and feel a little more "adventurous", but close enough that the trip into town we made every day(sometimes twice) no problem. It really is "on the mountainside" and the back of the location has a long trail that goes off "into the wilderness" and has some pretty cool un-obstructed views of the volcano and valley. Oddly, the only wildlife we saw were some wild pigs and I was out there at all times of the day. When we stayed on Playa Ocotal in 2006, there were plenty of coati, raccoons, iguanas, and howlers all over the place, but none of that near at the Arenal lodge.
THE ROOM .
The rooms are pretty typical(from what I could tell) in the Arenal area for the prices. It was very clean. I don't really care about the rooms so much anyway as long as it's clean. The TV had 2 English channels. Our back door opened right up to the pool and the long path down into the jungle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park