So after arriving after a long, nerve racking drive from San Jose in the dark, we arrived at the lodge. The staff was nice and the complimentary drink was good, but didn't make up for the room. Ok, the view of the volcano out our window was nice, but we didn't see it till the morning we left, the clouds usually cover it. The walls are paper thin!!! We could hear the rooms next to us on both sides crystal clear as if we were sharing rooms together, so we felt we had to whisper to each other so the other rooms couldnt hear us. The lighting is so bad in these rooms that it actually hurts your eyes. The rooms are so damp and musty that your towels are always wet along with your sheets and clothes, and the bugs are horrible. The have no threshold around the door so bugs come in at their free will. The back room had a dirty couch and the wall had a (what i think was supposed to be a safe) had no door on it. The whole room was just odd, even when you close your curtains you can see right into the room through the door, and that is right where your bed is. The food in the restaurant is mediocre at best. We never got to really eat anywhere in town bc we stayed 3 nights and spent each day on tours, by time we got back each day, it was getting dark, and did not want to drive down that road to go to town so were forced to eat there. The grounds are really nice and the bird watching is great, but if you want a good nights sleep stay somewhere else, and just make a visit here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park