We had a great time at Arenal Lodge, after we got there. Getting there is not an easy climb but the views and wild life are amazing. The staff will not let you down. They even road us back and forth from the Chalet when our friends needed the rental car for the day. This is a far cry from a fancy resort but if it is wildlife and adventure you seek you'll find it here. The breakfast that was included was fine but I suggest get off the mountain and go to a Soda or to NeNe's for dinner and lunch. You get much better food for a good price outside the resort. The hot tubs were relaxing one morning. As soon as we mentioned we wanted to use them they turn them on right away. If I had a choice I would pick a different hotel with volcano views and a better entrance. This hotel came in a package with Jet Set Travels or Travel by Jen I still think old Jessica made a pretty nice commission off our trip. One more little tip they do let you bring your own liquor and they have an ice machine. If you want to lounge by the pool and have drinks, stop at the Christian grocery before you head up the hill and get your booze and mixers. Drinks are pricey and there is no pool services so you’re better bringing your own and mixing them yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park