We went to Arenal for only one night (not sufficient). The Lodge was a great place to stay. Staff are super friendly; the restaurant is very good, with excellent wines. For hotels guests, breakfast is included. Trekkers and day hikers were "loading up." The dining room opens up onto wonderful gardens that were filled with gorgeous species of birds and plants. Fabulous way to start the day.
The Arenal Lodge is about one minute by car (after you've descended the infamous, rocky road between the Lodge and the main road towards La Fortuna) to the "hanging bridges" tourist walk. It's worth doing the 90 min or so walk for the wildlife.
My husband had a massage at the small spa -- he deemed it "good" but US$80/one hour is pretty high-priced for that part of Costa Rica.
Also: the front desk staff were very helpful. A young man (sorry I don't have his name!) suggested that we stop at a soda for home-made Costa Rican food on our way back to Guanacaste/Playa Hermosa. We found this place, by a footbridge, and indeed, the "lady of the house" prepared a massive spread -- on the spot -- for the 5 of us. By the way: she asked for US $40 and nearly exploded with joy when we handed her a $50 bill. We had enough food for dinner, too - she went up the road and found plastic dishes and packed up the massive amount of leftovers. Outstanding -- thanks to the man at the reception at Arenal Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park