My husband, daughter and I stayed at Arenal Lodge Jan. 22 & 23 2013. Elonzo at the front dest immediately made us feel at home. He was so kind and very helpful with all of our questions. We stayed in a Jr. Suite right in the maid lodge. Our room was beautiful!! It was very clean along with large bathroom, nice shower and the beds were comfortable. The best part was the spacious deck that over looked the infiniti pool with direct views of the volcano. We had many hours of beautiful skies with the volcano blending right in the scenery but of course, its a jungle, there will be fog at times which actually made it beautiful just the same. We ate the free breakfast both mornings which had more than enough variety and it was delicious. We also ate lunch and dinner in the lodge and it was very comfortable and we loved looking out the huge picture windows while we ate. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL!!!! The pool area with two hot tubs is a great bonus. During our 10 day tour of C.R. , my husband and I both agree that we relaxed the most while we were at Arenal Lodge for those two nights. Everything about it was perfect, in the Jr. Suite we stayed in. The female receptionist was an angel.... I forget her name but she was so sweet as well as the waiters and bar tenders. Everyone was a joy to meet during our stay. And yes, we agree with the above mentioned about Miguel, he is a wealth of information either on the hike or the horse ride. What a pleasure meeting him. One last thing, the drive up to the lodge is fantastic. It adds to the uniqueness of Arenal Lodge. We hope we get to go back one day. It was the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park