We booked through JetSet, a wonderful choice, and got a "Superior" room which was actually a suite with a living room and bedroom. Rooms were clean - couch in living room a bit dated. This was the first resort in the area. Room had a safe, nice bath. The maid did the most artistic arrangement of the daily clean towels I have ever seen, once an elephant and once a pig. The view from the room was spectacular - great view of the Arenal volcano. There were miles and miles of grounds, with a guided walk each morning. The room came with a buffet breakfast with a large number of selections. The dining room overlooks some beautiful grounds, and raised bird feeders are right in front of the windows. During breakfast, the feeders are loaded with cut fruit which attracts a wonderful and colorful mix of birds. We ate dinner there once - I had the steak, my wife had the bass. Both were good. The lodge is quite a distance from the nearest town, la fortuna, and most of the attractions such as the hot springs. We had a wonderful stay and I highly recommend it..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park