just returned from la fortuna- 6 days at arenal lodge. alonzo at front desk was very, very helpful with reservation and had much knowledge of sights and tours. we had the superior room for 2 day ( no a/c- but not really needed) with a view of volcano from our bed. it was our honeymoon and was, after the second night moved to the suite. superior room is good for view and price. superior room is a nice 3.5 rooms , with a nice bath and very very clean! breakfast was included...either buffet or omelet station...lovely view of volcano in dining rooms also. feed the resident coati (local animal) or the many lovely birds at the 2 feeders. the blue ones will land Right by you. pool and 2 hot tubs are just outside the dining area also with a view of the volcano. be advised the entry to the hotel is a 6-7 minutes drive Up the side of the mountain and about 25 minutes from the town...but Very nicely located for the park, volcano , butterfly gardens, fishing and horseback riding, etc.....husband did the rain forest walk at the hotel and saw a monkey.. the riding and fishing at hotel was advertised BUT not available when we got there. service and good was Great ( so were the prices) at the restaurant and bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park