My husband and I stayed here over the New Years Holiday for 2 nights. First of all I'd say the last couple of reviews posted on Trip Advisor were very accurate. I'll just add some more thoughts.
The excellent -- the breakfast was really good for a breakfast that is included in your rate. A wide variety of foods including made to order omelettes. The breakfast room overlooks the mountain and they have put up bird feeders that attract many, many different type of birds. Saw more birds here than in the jungle. Also the staff were excellent, courteous and accommodating.
The good -- the grounds and setting were beautiful. The buildings were ok, but don't go by the pictures on the web site. Those are not the standard rooms.
The bad -- The hotels needs maintenance. We were in two different rooms and both had items that needed fixing, including air conditioning and refrigerators.
The ugly -- The first night we were there a couple argued for most of the night, screaming very loudly (not the hotel's fault). Since there was
no phone in the room and the office was a long walk, we had to tough it out. Thankfully, the hotel did upgrade us the next night to a better room. However, the second room had even more maintenance items than the first room we were in.
Overall, the hotel could be quite special, but it needs some attention. I suspect that they have been a victim of the poor economy in the U.S. and the lack of eruptions of the Arenal Volcano, which has probably slowed down the number of guests that come to this area.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Arenal Lodge is perched on a mountainside near the Lake Arenal offering a beautiful panoramic view of Arenal Volcano in a very safe area to appreciate the eruptions and volcano activities which attracts so many tourists year around to Costa Rica. Arenal Lodge has 50 bedrooms each with a unique view of the Arenal Volcano, its valley, the jungle, the gardens and the lake. The Hotel Arenal Lodge offers a variety of complimentary outdoor and indoor activities including private walking trails inside our own reserve with easy-to-explore paths to get in close contact with native vegetation and wild animals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.