The tour company must get a heck of a deal sending people here. Yes it is serene because the drive there is a couple of miles of very windy, hilly, bumpy, brick road that is quite a pain to travel in the dark. The rooms were very dark with not enough lighting. It was a good sized room with a beautiful view, but the property is not well maintained. We were unable to close a couple of the windows, because there was no glass on a couple of the slates. On a chilly night we had to drape towels over them to keep the breeze out. There isnt heat or air conditioning, so hopefully the weather will be cooperative for you. If you like camping, this is a step up from that. Activities were good, the horse back riding-okay, the guided jungle walk, very good. Miquel was very knowledgeable The pool is lovely, but not heated. The hot tubs are not turned on unless you call and ask for them to be turned on. The people there are very nice and friendly. The wait staff were all very good and the food was also good. Breakfast on the weekends was buffet style. They do have a lot of wildlife there, a resident macaw, coatimundi, weasels, lots of birds, frogs, snakes. We saw wild pigs on the hillside where the horses were grazing. The best parts of the place is waking to the beautiful view of the volcano (weather permitting) and the excellent staff. The worst parts of the hotel are the disrepair of the buildings and the long windy, bumpy drive in and out of the property to go anywhere else. I would definitely choose a different hotel if I ever went back to this region.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Arenal Lodge is perched on a mountainside near the Lake Arenal offering a beautiful panoramic view of Arenal Volcano in a very safe area to appreciate the eruptions and volcano activities which attracts so many tourists year around to Costa Rica. Arenal Lodge has 50 bedrooms each with a unique view of the Arenal Volcano, its valley, the jungle, the gardens and the lake. The Hotel Arenal Lodge offers a variety of complimentary outdoor and indoor activities including private walking trails inside our own reserve with easy-to-explore paths to get in close contact with native vegetation and wild animals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.