We stayed in a superior room which was very roomy and the balcony had a gorgeous view. Our vacation was during November, so still a bit during off-season. All of the staff was friendly and the travel concierge was very helpful, we were greeted with fresh juice when we arrived. We went on the free horseback ride the hotel offers which was nice, we were told you can usually see monkeys during the ride when the weather is nice but it was raining when we went so we didn't see any. The breakfast (and restaurant) was not extravagant, but pretty good. In general the hotel was clean and comfortable.
If you are looking for a luxe resort, don't stay here, but if you are looking for something more genuinely authentic, this place is perfect. I would not suggest bringing a family here, it seems better for couples. It is nice and secluded, a great place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park