We stayed in a superior room which was very roomy and the balcony had a gorgeous view. Our vacation was during November, so still a bit during off-season. All of the staff was friendly and the travel concierge was very helpful, we were greeted with fresh juice when we arrived. We went on the free horseback ride the hotel offers which was nice, we were told you can usually see monkeys during the ride when the weather is nice but it was raining when we went so we didn't see any. The breakfast (and restaurant) was not extravagant, but pretty good. In general the hotel was clean and comfortable.
If you are looking for a luxe resort, don't stay here, but if you are looking for something more genuinely authentic, this place is perfect. I would not suggest bringing a family here, it seems better for couples. It is nice and secluded, a great place to relax.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Arenal Lodge is perched on a mountainside near the Lake Arenal offering a beautiful panoramic view of Arenal Volcano in a very safe area to appreciate the eruptions and volcano activities which attracts so many tourists year around to Costa Rica. Arenal Lodge has 50 bedrooms each with a unique view of the Arenal Volcano, its valley, the jungle, the gardens and the lake. The Hotel Arenal Lodge offers a variety of complimentary outdoor and indoor activities including private walking trails inside our own reserve with easy-to-explore paths to get in close contact with native vegetation and wild animals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.