We stayed in the Arenal Lodge for three nights in October. While our first room (#24) had a great view, the decor and room was a little stale. With this said, I think that Costa Rica has a lower standard for hotels when comparing them to the US. Without an extra charge, we were moved to the chalets (#210) on top of Arenal Lodge. Let me tell you, this room had the best view that I've ever seen on one hotel room. Simply beautiful views of the volcano and the lake. Again, the room is dated and could be cleaner, but with a view like that, who cares.
Take note that the 2.5km drive up their "driveway" was long and bumpy. The food was very tasty at the Lodge. The servers were great! The pool and hot tub were a nice treat too. Don't count on the fitness center though. It has seen better days, probably a few years ago.
The hotel itself is so quite and peaceful! Nothing but nature can be heard here. There is a local macaw named Stephanie who stays close to the Arenal Lodge and may even been found sitting outside your door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park