Our stay at Arenal Lodge was a bit of a mixed experience. We stayed 3 nights in one of the chalets and the view of the volcano is absolutely stunning – especially in the early mornings! The chalet itself seems rather run down, but the room was clean and the coffee mashine excellent. If there is a world championship in towel origami, the maid at Arenal Lodge will get the first price – we loved the various towel animals that were waiting for us every day!! The main lobby and restaurant also seems rather run down and there was a strong smell of mildew in the restaurant – a real shame as the view from the restaurant was amazing and the staff really nice. The garden is beautiful, but the pool smaller than it looks at the pictures. The Jacuzzis were nice though with superb views to the volcano. Included in the hotel stay was a guided walk in the hotel’s tropical forest and a horse ride on the hotel grounds. Our guide was Miguel – a really nice guy with a great knowledge on all plants and animals and a fantastic ability to spot animals. This could be such an amazing place if the buildings and grounds were cared for a bit more. If you are in Arenal for the view and wildlife experience, then I would recommend spending a night or two in a chalet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park