The staff was pleasant and accomodating and the property has a nice view. However, the property lacks warmth, a sense of being inviting, and overall dated. The front desk area/reception area, restaurant, and rooms looked like they are more southwestern that a rich, warm, tropical feeling place that Costa Rica is. It really looked liked a dated Best Western in Arizona or Nevada than the beautiful mts of Costa Rica and was overall dirty looking and upkept. The rooms had a dated, blah, and minimalist look. For being a mountain resort, it had no nice shampoo/condition, soap, or bath robes; just shampoo/condition in a pump on the wall. For being categorized as a mountain resort is an understatement. It looked like the place had been decorated from a tag sale with twenty plus year old furniture. If the current owner doesn't want to put money into the property, SELL IT!!
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Arenal Lodge is perched on a mountainside near the Lake Arenal offering a beautiful panoramic view of Arenal Volcano in a very safe area to appreciate the eruptions and volcano activities which attracts so many tourists year around to Costa Rica. Arenal Lodge has 50 bedrooms each with a unique view of the Arenal Volcano, its valley, the jungle, the gardens and the lake. The Hotel Arenal Lodge offers a variety of complimentary outdoor and indoor activities including private walking trails inside our own reserve with easy-to-explore paths to get in close contact with native vegetation and wild animals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.