We spent one night at the Arenal Lodge. The driveway up from the main road is narrow and steep. The moss on the cobblestones probably is wet and slippery when it rains. The staff at the reception desk were very friendly and greeted us with a glass of fresh juice. We had clear weather and a grand view of the volcano. The swimming pool looked inviting although the water wasn't very warm. There are two Jacuzi tubs, with cold water and the jets didn't seem to work. It was a long drive from our home in Playa Ocotal and we opted to eat at the hotel rather than driving to a restraunt in town. Our dinner was a pleasant surprise, with everyone enjoying their selections from steak to fish and chicken. Our waiter was very nice and attentive although it was his last night working at the hotel. Our rooms, in the older part of hotel were comfortable, however, our mattress pad didn't fit the queen size bed and kept sliding off during the night. Coffee in the room was nice in the morning as I took pictures of the grounds and the mountain. I felt that the waiter was a bit rude when we arrived at the restaurant before it was open for breakfast the next morning. I guess we surprised him. Breakfast included an assortment of fresh fruit and a choice of the American breakfast or typical Costa Rican. Both were generous portions. All in all, I would say that it was a good value and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park