This luxury-rustic resort is a former ranch located on 2,000 acres of land. From the restaurant, porch, pool, and both jacuzzis there are spectacular views of the volcano as well as lush vegetation and birds.
My boyfriend and I booked a room here the night before we flew to San Juan. The man at the front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating, and assisted me in booking the room last minute as well as booking transportation from the airport in San Jose.
Included in our room price was taxes, breakfast, a guided walk on the property, and a horse back ride. Upon our arrival, we received a free upgrade from a standard room to a junior suite!
The early morning horseback ride was definitely a highlight of our stay. Our guide took us down the hill from the pool, where we saw a pack of wild boars, toucans, and some kind of a hawk. He was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed the vistas.
This is the perfect place to relax, unwind, and take in the scenery. The only downsides are that it costs about $30 USD to travel by taxi into La Fortuna and takes about 25 minutes and that the mattresses could have been a little more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park