“Terrible food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ChillOut Restaurante

ChillOut Restaurante
8 Kms Sudeste Parque Nacional Arenal | Instalaciones Parque Sky Adventures, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 57-5655, Costa Rica
+506 2479 4180
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: ChillOut Fusion & Lounge is a international and fusion food restaurant where guests can enjoy both the exquisite dishes and our ChillOut ambiance. Our modern food design is complimented with the tropical fruits and vegetables from the Costa Rican landscape. we are Located at Sky Adventures Park. We have The Volcano and Arenal Lake at the same place. Come to ChillOut Restaurant and let your senses travel through a world of textures and flavors from the Typical and International table. Ven y Disfruta del sabor Tropical en ChillOut Restaurante, estamos ubicados en el Parque Sky AdventureS Cerca del Castillo de Arenal. Esperamos escuchar pronto de Usted.
Houston, Texas
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Overprice food with no flavor , i have to eat here because it was raining cats and dogs . The fish that i order was greasy and salty without flavor , fried calamari were disgusting

Visited August 2013
Chill Out R, Propietario at ChillOut Restaurante, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Mr(s) Libea
Im Sorry to hear about your unfortunated experience in Our Restaurant, That was truly not Our Food. We really appreciate your feedback. I would like also like to take this chance to comment on Your Points:
-At the menu, said Fish Filet with capers and Lemmon, and said, prepared with butter, thats the reason for greasy one. If you never tried a capers, this ones are salty.
-Fried Calamary for your taste was disgusting, but is the first time that I have a complain for this plate, and I know all the tastes are not the same
-There is another Restaurants at the area, We are not the only one, I can see, Stay for You Have to... Not for you want to stay in a place, will be better go to another cause at the begginig you don´t feel comfy couse you have to..
If you ever have any question or comments, you can write us..

San Diego, CA
“Great view, convenient and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family of four enjoyed a nice meal with a fantastic view of the volcano and lake. We dined here after completing a morning zip line with SkyTrek. We ate here out of convenience, but were pleasantly surprised by the caliber of food and service. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. He also gave us good advice about hiking the 1968 trail just down the road toward La Fortuna and even revived a poor little bird who had stunned itself by flying into the window of the restaurant. I rated this restaurant 5 stars due to quality of food and service, but it is a little pricey. A very nice place to relax after the excitement of zip lining.

• Visited August 2013
Boston
“Amazing food in the perfect setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After our day excursion with Sky Trek we had worked up quite the appetite. We decided to eat at ChillOut before heading back to the hotel. I am so glad we decided to eat here. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. We sat outside while waiting for our food so that we could take in the amazing views of Arenal and the zip-liners flying above us! Once the food was ready we moved inside where we still had a great view through their huge picture windows. The food was delicious. My husband had the chicken wrap and I had the tacos and we ate every last bite. yum! I wish this restaurant was in our hometown as it would be a frequent stop.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Jungle Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The restaurant happened to be where I did my zip-lining and jungle trek. The restaurant is large and airy, some of its walls being only glass. I started off with a wonderful ceviche that was enhanced by some of the local produce. Then I had a grilled tuna steak (I know its not a local dish but I was SO hungry after my 3 hour walk) that was handsomely presented on a bed of vegetables. As I ate I could really enjoy the countryside. Some of the floor to ceiling windows had been slid open to allow in the breeze. With the view provided, the food didn't need to be this good. I was so glad it was

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chill Out R, Propietario at ChillOut Restaurante, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear MrTB5of6! Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at Our Restaurant. Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends - this is the best publicity we can get. Your ChillOut Family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Awesome smoothie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just had an awesome refreshing everything smoothie after the Hanging Bridges walk. Beautiful views. They can out it in a to go cup if you need it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChillOut Restau... R, Propietario at ChillOut Restaurante, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Mrs (Sr) LovelyLife213, It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your Smoothie, We prepared with Fresh and Natural Fruit ... We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again! Kind regards Your ChillOut Family