“Hanging Bridges with Jose” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacamar Naturalist Tours

Jacamar Naturalist Tours
South side of Catholic Church, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 4417, Costa Rica
506 2479-9767
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa
35 attraction reviews
“Hanging Bridges with Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I booked the Hanging Bridges tour through our hotel and we had a BLAST! Jose was so informative, professional, and friendly. He explained that we were on our timetable, which was good for us since we took 4 hours to do a tour he said lasts only 90 minutes for some people.
We saw two eyelash viper snakes, a sloth, howler monkeys, spider monkeys, 2 toucans, many birds, I lost count, many wild boars, and others! We were lucky to see what we did he said. But even if we had not, I think we would have had as much fun. Jose gave us a great history of Costa Rica, and then was an abundance of knowledge with all the birds, animals, plants, trees, and everything. I was amazed at his memory and ability. I could not imagine doing this tour on our own. We would have missed almost all of the animals and would have missed learning about the country, the animals, the people, the birds, and the plants. It was well worth it!

Monticello, Illinois, USA
“Arenal Volcano hiking tour with Frank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hiking tour of the Arenal Volcano is an absolute must do if visiting the area. We could not have had a more informative and knowledgeable guide than Frank from Jacamar Naturalist Tours! He made the experience so much better due to his specific knowledge of the volcano as well as the wildlife we saw on our hike. His passion for the animals and the conservation of this extraordinary place is evident in first 5 minutes you meet him. While tour guides from other companies were merely walking by and barely speaking to their guests, Frank was explaining the habitats of the various species of wildlife that he stopped to point out and teach us about. We hope to be able to have Frank as a guide for some of the other tours we are taking with Jacamar this week!

Staten Island, New York
“Jairo is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I toured the venado caves on our honeymoon trip to Costa Rica, and we were not disappointed. From the moment we got in the car, our guide Jairo was welcoming and informative. He greeted us with bottles of ice cold water and made sure we had everything we needed before we left the hotel. During the drive he told us many things about the ecology of Costa Rica and even pulled over and showed us a sloth high in the treetops! He gave us binoculars so we could get a better look as well. When we got to the cave, Jairo accessed our ability and took us through a route that was challenging but not too difficult for me to do. In the places where I had some difficulty, he was always there to lend a hand. He showed us the many inscects of the cave - picking them up so we could see them better. When my helmet became loose, he quickly exchanged his for mine. All in all, I highly recommend Jacamar Tours, especially Jairo!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Used them for transportation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The travel company we booked through used Jacamar for our transport to/from different areas of Costa Rica. The drivers are all great! They are knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful.

Nashville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
“Cerro Chato Hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We booked this excursion to hike Cerro Chato through our hotel. Pedro was our guide and he was amazing! My husband and I were the only ones on the hike with Pedro and he did a great job of teaching us about our surroundings. The hike was straight uphill, but Pedro made it so enjoyable by pointing out plants and animals as we hiked. He had a keen eye for all types of frogs and plants. We were also able to see several packs of monkeys. After the hike, we went to La Fortuna waterfall and then had lunch. We only thought a snack was included, so we were delighted to find out we would get lunch. We had some sort of melty sub sandwiches and they were delicious! My husband and I were craving the sandwiches throughout the rest of our trip. Pedro made this excursion one of our favorites!