“goodies for oldies” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR)

Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR)
Lake Arenal, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
+506 8856 3618
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR) is La Fortuna's original Wakeboard, Wakeskate and Watersport provider, with over 8 years experience and 0 unsatisfied customers. Our expertise, positive vibe and one of a kind location at the base of the Arenal Volcano guarantee you or your group a Watersports experience unlike any other. The dam and Arenal Volcano block winds' leaving perfect Watersport conditions all year with a lake and air temperature consistent at 75+. PACR also provides information on many other exiting adventures and activities in La Fortuna and throughout Costa Rica. Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is quickly becoming known for our adrenalin filled recommendation and top quality vacation services. Please read our reviews and find out firsthand what our new friends have to say.
Calgary, Canada
“goodies for oldies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I were staying nearby and on a tight schedule. We dropped into Johnny and Sofia's office near our hotel, and I initially thought they were focused only on wakeboarding and the younger adventurer, but we were given excellent advice on how to fill the late afternoon and evening we had in Fortuna. They were very accommodating and genuine. We enjoyed meeting their beautiful daughter as well as their shared insights on Costa Rica's development. They also booked us a great raft trip for the next morning (down the upper Balsa -Class 3 and 4 water and even for Canadians who love whitewater canoeing in northern Canada, one of the highlights of our Costa Rica vacation). Thanks again for your expert help!

Visited December 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thanks guys, was nice meeting you and we enjoyed the opportunity to share our expertise. We like to share the development, cultures and fun of Costa Rica, allot of visitors take part in the countless adventures and are unaware of why they exist. The government and many other organization protect and preserve the national parks and animals, maintaining Costa Rica’s reputation of one of the most Eco-tourism location on the planet.
Now that you have our information you can contact us in advance to work together at building a vacation package of a lifetime.
See you later,

San Jose, California
“Great adrenalin rush in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wakeboarding was the last thing I expected to do while in Costa Rica, but while planning the trip it just sounded like a fun vacation thing to do. Jonny gave my friend and I very clear directions of where to meet and we had an awesome time out on the water.

He was patient and a good teacher and had a good understanding of what the next step would be to improve your wake boarding skills.

Jonny is also very knowledgeable of the La Fortuna area and helped us to book other activities (rafting and bungee) as well as recommending good restaurants and attractions. He and his wife Sophia totally went above and beyond the call of duty and made sure we had a great stay in the area.

Now it just seems strange that more people don't know about this as one of the fun things to do in La Fortuna! Also good to see a fellow Canadian bringing the stoke abroad.

Visited December 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks dude, your review is one of the best ways to help others discover wakeboarding in Costa Rica. La Fortuna is good to me and my family, sharing its magic and beauty with others is a pleasure. Costa Rica introduced surfing to me 12 years ago and for that I am grateful, I figured bringing wakeboarding to Costa Rica was a good exchange. More visitors and locals are getting on the water with PACR, 2013 is going to be a very exciting year, I will keep you posted with the upcoming events.
Pura Vida Eh!
Mayfair, Saskatchewan,Canada
3 attraction reviews
“best place in La Fortuna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

thanks Johnny.. u made my stay in La Fortuna one i will always remeber.. hooked us up with some aweome trips and just chillin at ur places eating pizza and a few cold ones was great.. have a good one see u again in april

Visited April 2012
Athens, Georgia
“This family-run business is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

It warms my heart to see how many amazing reviews Johnny and Sophia have racked up on here! They totally deserve it. My husband and I have been traveling in CR for our honeymoon and were staying at Las Cabinas Cataratas next door and affiliated with Paradise Adventures. After talking to a shady/overly slick man at a booking company downtown, we weren't feeling 100% sold on the info we had learned there so we thought we'd take a peek in to see what this place had to offer. So glad we did! They helped us book two amazing adventures (zip lining+horseback riding & rafting+organic farm), told us about the free hot springs in town and saved us money on a tour to do that (!!!) and then gave us all kinds of great recommendations for our next stop in Manuel Antonio which we are still checking out. We so fell in love with this family that we ended up giving Sophia and little Valentina a ride to San Jose en route to our next stop. We feel lucky to have met these folks, and my only suggestion to them is promote yourselves MORE (we can't imagine our trip without you and we almost didn't stop in!), and maybe put your name outside of the place too! Felix and the crew at Las Cabinas are lucky to have them next door. They are warm and REAL.

Visited October 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Your review warms ours, glad you visited PACR and thanks for the advice on more signage, I have already started…
PACR is a small family business doing our part to insure visitors to Costa Rica enjoy themselves, we can accommodate all types of travelers, students, backpackers, families, seniors, large groups of any size and love birds like yourself. Costa Rica is a great place to get married and spend the honeymoon, filled with a variety of accommodation, amenities and adventures to create memories that will last a lifetime; glad we were a part of yours, Pura Vida, Siempre, PACR
Brooklyn, New York
“Once In A Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Seems like wakeboarding Lake Arenal is one of La Fortuna's best kept secrets. I couldn't have asked for a better captain and wakeboarding coach; Johnny offered to let me keep riding until my arms fell off, which they almost did. Super professional (despite the lack of advertising for these guys in town), and super high quality equipment. Boat was great, board was great... overall the experience was just, in a word: great. If you're in the Volcano area, hit up wakeboardcr.com - you won't regret it. Good water!!!

Slowly but surely, even if it’s one person at a time, PACR will reveal this wakeboarding bliss we know as Lake Arenal, your review and others are a huge aid in doing so, thanks again. Hope you are safe after Tropical Storm Sandy, you could always jump on a plane and return to paradise for more wakeboarding.