“This family-run business is perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR)

Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR)
Lake Arenal, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
+506 8856 3618
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR) is La Fortuna's original Wakeboard, Wakeskate and Watersport provider, with over 8 years experience and 0 unsatisfied customers. Our expertise, positive vibe and one of a kind location at the base of the Arenal Volcano guarantee you or your group a Watersports experience unlike any other. The dam and Arenal Volcano block winds' leaving perfect Watersport conditions all year with a lake and air temperature consistent at 75+. PACR also provides information on many other exiting adventures and activities in La Fortuna and throughout Costa Rica. Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is quickly becoming known for our adrenalin filled recommendation and top quality vacation services. Please read our reviews and find out firsthand what our new friends have to say.
Athens, Georgia
“This family-run business is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

It warms my heart to see how many amazing reviews Johnny and Sophia have racked up on here! They totally deserve it. My husband and I have been traveling in CR for our honeymoon and were staying at Las Cabinas Cataratas next door and affiliated with Paradise Adventures. After talking to a shady/overly slick man at a booking company downtown, we weren't feeling 100% sold on the info we had learned there so we thought we'd take a peek in to see what this place had to offer. So glad we did! They helped us book two amazing adventures (zip lining+horseback riding & rafting+organic farm), told us about the free hot springs in town and saved us money on a tour to do that (!!!) and then gave us all kinds of great recommendations for our next stop in Manuel Antonio which we are still checking out. We so fell in love with this family that we ended up giving Sophia and little Valentina a ride to San Jose en route to our next stop. We feel lucky to have met these folks, and my only suggestion to them is promote yourselves MORE (we can't imagine our trip without you and we almost didn't stop in!), and maybe put your name outside of the place too! Felix and the crew at Las Cabinas are lucky to have them next door. They are warm and REAL.

Visited October 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Your review warms ours, glad you visited PACR and thanks for the advice on more signage, I have already started…
PACR is a small family business doing our part to insure visitors to Costa Rica enjoy themselves, we can accommodate all types of travelers, students, backpackers, families, seniors, large groups of any size and love birds like yourself. Costa Rica is a great place to get married and spend the honeymoon, filled with a variety of accommodation, amenities and adventures to create memories that will last a lifetime; glad we were a part of yours, Pura Vida, Siempre, PACR

Brooklyn, New York
“Once In A Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Seems like wakeboarding Lake Arenal is one of La Fortuna's best kept secrets. I couldn't have asked for a better captain and wakeboarding coach; Johnny offered to let me keep riding until my arms fell off, which they almost did. Super professional (despite the lack of advertising for these guys in town), and super high quality equipment. Boat was great, board was great... overall the experience was just, in a word: great. If you're in the Volcano area, hit up wakeboardcr.com - you won't regret it. Good water!!!

Slowly but surely, even if it’s one person at a time, PACR will reveal this wakeboarding bliss we know as Lake Arenal, your review and others are a huge aid in doing so, thanks again. Hope you are safe after Tropical Storm Sandy, you could always jump on a plane and return to paradise for more wakeboarding.
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
“Jonny is my man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from an awesome trip to Costa Rica. As we were walking back to our hotel from town on our first full day there, we came upon a very cool looking wooden shack with wakeboards and a hammock outside. Curious about the prices of tours/activities in the area (that we hadn't already booked through our hotel), we stumbled in. Out came a seemingly well-presented, calm, collected, cool dude who introduced himself as Jonny. After a brief moment of conversation, it was quite clear that this was one of our people. What to say about PACR...

It's no coincidence we clicked with Jonny and his wife Sofia. They both were very interested in connecting with people and sharing their knowledge of the area. They both are very passionate about where they live and talking about positivity. Did I mention they have an adorable little girl by the name of Valentina?

Beyond our personal experience with them, we also found out that it's clearly in Jonny's interest as a business man NOT to make money, but rather help people get the most enjoyable experience of their life.

In summary, we made some really good friends far away from home, and down the line when we end up in Costa Rica again, we'll be sure to stop in at Jonny, Sofia and Valentina's place.

Visited October 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Mi Casa Su Casa bro...
Making money is the result of our genuine advice, not the motivating factor, every day we rise to another day in Paradise putting out good vibes so people like yourselves stumble in, giving Valentina, Sofia and I the opportunity to share the magic of La Fortuna and the Pura Vida way.
Thank you, we will be here during your next visit to La Fortuna, stumble in for another dose anytime.
Elizabethtown, North Carolina
“PACR white fang approved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

There is a reason Costa is considered the "happiest place on earth" and PACR showed me exactly why. 1) I didn't feel like I was away from my family and friends, PACR makes you feel like family and shows you step by step the pura vita way of life. 2) I love wakeboarding, and PACR gave me one of the absolute best wake experiences I've ever had in the world (and trust me, wakeboarding has taken me all over the planet.) The experience of shredding absolute glass at the base of a real volcano was second to none. You can't put a price tag on something like that. And 3) I've always tried to live my life to the motto carpe diem/ you only live once, and I just don't see how anyone could consider their lives a complete success in experiencing everything the world has to offer without taking the PACR tour. It is truely an experience you will forever treasure for now and the rest of your life.

Visited June 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is here so visitors can find that familiar ground, family, friends, English, Spanish, honesty…The Pura Vida way is the only way we know, it’s what made me relocate to Paradise and reminds me every day that it was the right choice, the opportunity to use our experience and knowledge so others can discover this is the ultimate goal. Your feedback on wakeboarding Lake Arenal with Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is totally appreciated. I have shared the reason why wakeboarding and wakeskating with PACR is one of the most unique adventures available in La Fortuna and the message has more of an impact when heard from others, especially people who have had wakeboarded throughout. We welcome you back anytime bro, keep in touch.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“A must stop for any travelers to Costa Rica.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This past spring I traveled to Costa Rica with a friend of mine and decided to rent a car and wing it rather than an all inclusive vacation. We found getting around to be rather easy and had no problem finding accomidations where ever we stopped. Drove from Liberia to Tamarindo without any trouble and spent a few days on the beach. From there we traveled up to Lake Arenal National Park to take in the volcano and Lake Arenal. Here we found PACR who went out of their way to make our stay the best they possibly could, from taking us wakeboarding and to the base of the volcano, to all ends of the lake as my friend was interested in some property for sale. Jonathan Turcotte O/O of PACR as well as a fellow Canadian made sure we had an adventure everyday we were there hooking us up with wake boarding, zip lining, ATV tours, whitewater raftng as well as pointing out some excellent restaurants, local watering holes, swimming holes and hot springs. Jonathan and wife Sophia also hooked us up with excellent priced cabins for our stay in LaFortuna. And when we continued our travels thru CR they called ahead and booked a hotel at our next destinatin. So if looking for adventure or just a great cup of coffee and some friendly advise in this area of CR, Jonathan and Sophia at PACR are an excllent resource.

Visited April 2012
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR), responded to this review, September 7, 2012
People work hard and a vacation is their way to unwind, relax and do the things that bring us back to life. I find one of the best ways to do so is with some Pura Vida and adrenalin, and that’s what PACR is all about, we are here to fuel the stoke, and we do so from one of the most beautiful places on the planet; La Fortuna Costa Rica. La Fortuna is situated in the tropical zone of Costa Rica, boasting a oxygen rich environment, a perfect climate and full of activities and adventures to take it all in. Sofia and I witness the results daily and we keep the kid alive in ourselves from the many experiences our new friends take part in. Thanks for visiting, see you next time…