“Killer Hawiian Pizza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El jardin

El jardin
avenida centrale y Calle 3, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: Central American
Brigham City, Utah
“Killer Hawiian Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

It seemed a no brainer to order Hawiian Pizza if I was doing pizza, good call. The size of my mediumwas a large in the states. It had great crust, sauce, cheese and topping. It also made a great breakfast the next day.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Norfolk, VA
“Cassado Supremo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

On this trip we've had lots of casado, but this was probably the best and great service. In addition to the rice and beans and meat, they also included yummy potatoes and a slice of cheese with the salad (that had lots of cilantro...which I like but the wife hates). No matter, she voted hands down the best casado in CR! And, great price, plus he takes credit cards.

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious Costa Rican Comida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Highly recommended for well made Costa Rican food. The best Arroz con Pollo or Arroz con Camarones I've had in Costa Rica. The ceviche, guacamole, and black bean dip were also very tasty.

We had the opportunity to eat here twice. The service was prompt and helpful - the small cajetas de coco after dinner were a nice touch; the second time they gave us a chocolate covered guava treat with our check.

There was a local feel to the restaurant which is always nice. The restaurant was recommended by a local as having some of the best food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I ate pasta here last week. I wish that I could remember the name of my dish. This seems to be a popular handout spot. The taxi drivers recommend this place to tourists. The waiter was nice. Average restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Yum. Wish I was eating there right now...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our hotel recommended this one after we asked about Don Rufino's (which he said was good but expensive). This was such a good alternative. Over the course of two meals we had the shrimp w/ rice (best I had during our trip), pizza, salad, casado and ceviche. My fiance ate ceviche everywhere we went and this was among the best. He said the fish on the casado plate was delicious too. It is completely affordable and though you may poo-poo my pizza order (it was late, I was tired), that was actually decent as well. The gentleman that waited on us was very friendly and attentive. We wandered around in the pouring rain one night looking for a place from Rough Guide that we could never find and ended up back at El Jardin but that was quite alright with me. Great food, good value, easy 5!

• Visited May 2012