“Fantastic Tour!” 5 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Alberto's Horses is a small, family-run business, but certainly very well-run and professional. The location is not exactly in the center of town, but not hard to find if you follow their directions. We took a tour to the waterfalls via horseback and it was a pleasure to have Alberto himself be our guide. Their horses are all very well-cared for and trained. Overall, this was probably the highlight and most memorable part of our Costa Rica trip.

Visited November 2012

Andover, MN
7 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been on lots of tourist horseback riding tours but this was the only one where the horses do their own thing which made for a very exciting trip. We did lots of trotting and cantoring -which for a very novice horseback rider was very unexpected. No one fell off and it was a lot of fun but I would not be able to handle more than a couple of hours of the bouncing. They had a helmet for my daughter and let her manage her own horse which she did just fine, even though she is a petite 9 year old. This was good for me because I tend to be an over protective mom and I was conentrating on staying on my own horse I did not have time to worry over my daughter. I know the guide was keeping a good eye on her for me.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful trip! Only use Alberto's Horses.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Don't waste your time with any other company but Alberto! He speaks excellent English and his horses are perfect. The scenery is breathtaking and even in the rain, the trip was fabulous. There was another horse tour company that arrived the same time we did and they were told they only had 45 minutes to view the waterfall. Alberto told us it was our day and to take as much time as we needed. He was wonderful. The waterfall was beautiful, water was very cold, but wasn't too bad once you got in. Prepare yourself for the trip back up the stairs leaving the waterfall, it's a workout for sure! Don't miss this in La Fortuna. Use Alberto's Horses for your tour!

San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Alberto is a great guide he is very knowledgable about the area and his horses are well trained. We rode the horses to the La, Fortuna waterfall which was nice.

Frankfurt, Germany
“Alberto is a wonderful guide and provides a great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We decided to take this tour with our six year old in the afternoon since it rained most of the day and was cold in the morning. I had only been on a horse once before abut 10 years ago, but Alberto was very good about teaching commands for the horses. He was also very helpful for my husband who has very bad arthritis in his hips, and he adjusted his stir-ups and helped him during the tour. Even if raining the scenery is incredible, and the swim in the waterfall is super fun. Alberto is most helpful and very personable. If I had more time I would take the tour again!