“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We have a tour at 8:30 in the morning or at 1:30 in the afternoon. We have the tour to La Fortuna waterfall. The tour consists of a one hour ride through pastures and farmland. Then we venture into the jungle were we cross a river and proceed up the mountain to the waterfall Rio Fortuna. There you may swim for approximately one hour after we return down the mountain to our farm. The tour is around 3 or 4 hours. You are going to need long pants, good shoes, a bathing suit and towel, along with anything else you feel necessary. At the end of the tour we will be at our house waiting with a delicious organic chicken barbecue with natural juice $80 per person.
Andover, MN
7 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been on lots of tourist horseback riding tours but this was the only one where the horses do their own thing which made for a very exciting trip. We did lots of trotting and cantoring -which for a very novice horseback rider was very unexpected. No one fell off and it was a lot of fun but I would not be able to handle more than a couple of hours of the bouncing. They had a helmet for my daughter and let her manage her own horse which she did just fine, even though she is a petite 9 year old. This was good for me because I tend to be an over protective mom and I was conentrating on staying on my own horse I did not have time to worry over my daughter. I know the guide was keeping a good eye on her for me.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful trip! Only use Alberto's Horses.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Don't waste your time with any other company but Alberto! He speaks excellent English and his horses are perfect. The scenery is breathtaking and even in the rain, the trip was fabulous. There was another horse tour company that arrived the same time we did and they were told they only had 45 minutes to view the waterfall. Alberto told us it was our day and to take as much time as we needed. He was wonderful. The waterfall was beautiful, water was very cold, but wasn't too bad once you got in. Prepare yourself for the trip back up the stairs leaving the waterfall, it's a workout for sure! Don't miss this in La Fortuna. Use Alberto's Horses for your tour!

San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Alberto is a great guide he is very knowledgable about the area and his horses are well trained. We rode the horses to the La, Fortuna waterfall which was nice.

Frankfurt, Germany
“Alberto is a wonderful guide and provides a great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We decided to take this tour with our six year old in the afternoon since it rained most of the day and was cold in the morning. I had only been on a horse once before abut 10 years ago, but Alberto was very good about teaching commands for the horses. He was also very helpful for my husband who has very bad arthritis in his hips, and he adjusted his stir-ups and helped him during the tour. Even if raining the scenery is incredible, and the swim in the waterfall is super fun. Alberto is most helpful and very personable. If I had more time I would take the tour again!

LA, Calif
137 attraction reviews
“Favorite activity in Fortuna/Arenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Alberto's tour was fantastic and offered an opportunity for me to overcome a fear of riding after a childhood incident. Alberto breeds the horses and they are raised and cared for with gentleness. The ride to the waterfall offered an opportunity to see life off the main road through fields with cows, through streams and past private homes. Alberto is a lovely man who loves what he does. Don't hesitate for a minute.