“Horseback and Waterfall Swim!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
Royal Oak, MI
7 attraction reviews
“Horseback and Waterfall Swim!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you like horses, and love the waterfalls this might be for you. We made reservation for the next morning, and it was only me and my hubby. We were greated and saddled up, then they took pictures of us before we headed out to the waterfall. We crossed cattle fields, rocky rivers, climbed up some hills and saw beautiful views of Arenal volcano. Our guide was interesting, and could open and close gates for us eventhough he had a broken arm. We arrived at the waterfall, a horse keeper was there to care for the horses while we decended to the waterfall. Our guid decended with us and waited for us to finish our swim, which was about 45 minutes. Climbe up was a bit of a work out. There is a store above where you can purchase souvenirs, and drinks! There is also a changing room/restrooms to change in dry clothes.
We hopped back on our refreshed horses and headed back the same way. The hill was a bit steep but the horses managed to go slow and safely. Alberto's horses and well cared for and trained well for this various terrain. They are well behaved. We cantered back through the fields and it was alot of fun.
This took all morning and we got back in time to get lunch in La Fortuna. He is near downtown. A must do in Costa Rica. He also has a page on facebook.

Visited May 2012

Ogden, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Great Family Activity!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my 6 year old son's favorite activity on the trip! The horses were very tame, and the ride was nice. Alberto was a great guide, with lots of interesting information about the area. The only thing that would have made the trip better was to spend a little more time at the waterfalls. They were spectacular!

Visited July 2012
La Fortuna, Alajuela, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
“Nervous Newcomer to Horses Rides Successfully”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been on a horse twice in my lifetime. I really wanted to conquer my fear of riding and Alberto helped with this. I agree that this isn't the average packaged tour. This tour is special. I have lived in La Fortuna the entire year and before leaving I wanted to do something memorable. I was the only one on the tour and it is very obvious Alberto takes great care in what he does and has a profession tailored to him. If this frightened person can be convinced to trot a horse than anyone can do it. I lived her for 9 months. I get the packaged tours, and the businesses and the profit that is trying to be made. This tour isn't made like that. If you want canned, nose to butt, travel at everyone else's pace then don't come here. This will go down as one of my more memorable adventures here in Costa Rica solely because of what Alberto does for the tour. If you want to ride horses in La Fortuna, this is the way to go. Alberto represents what is truly La Fortuna.

Visited September 2012
Millburn, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Fun Way to See the Waterfalls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a great experience riding the horses to and from La Fortuna waterfalls. We are a family of four, (kids ages are 9 and 12 years old) with limited to no horseback riding experience. Alberto welcomed us, and made sure we had horses that worked for us. The horses were very well trained, and we felt safe and enjoyed a special morning of horseback riding through fields and a brook to get to the Waterfalls. It was a highlight of the trip!

Visited August 2012
Wellington, Florida, United States
“Best trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

He is a very personal guide. He speaks great English, the staff is great. We were able to run horses and not rided nose to backside the entire way. The trip is safe, fun, and the waterfall entrance is included in trip. You get to swim at the bottom of La Fortuna waterfall! Excellent trip, it derserves to be #1.

Visited August 2012