“An excellent find a real gem” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel El Volcan
Save Saved
You added Hotel El Volcan to your Saves list
Hotel El Volcan
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150M Norte del parque de la Fortuna San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Seattle, Washington
“An excellent find a real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

When I got off of the bus from Allajuela we were looking for a hotel in our price range I stumbled onto this hotel. When I went to the front desk the man behind the desk was real friendly and helpful. After he showed me the room I knew that it was the place that I was looking for. The rooms were big with color t.v. air conditioner and it felt real secure. It was walking distance from town about two blocks. He was real accomodating on booking us tours and calling around when I needed information on other activities in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in La Fortuna.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was traveling with a colleague while in Costa Rica, playing by day and working by night, and Hotel El Volcan was just what we wanted -- an inexpensive, clean, quiet room with a good Internet connection. We ended up working at the table in their covered common area for several hours. Afterwards, we walked to the town square and had great food at a restaurant right on the square. (I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but we ate their twice because we liked it so much.)

During the day we swam and did the rope swing at a local swimming hole and rented dirt bikes to ride around the volcano.

Mauricio, the proprietor, and his staff were very kind and accommodating to us and I'm glad to consider him a friend now. I would definitely return to this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Overall a great hotel! The guy at the front desk was super nice and helpful, and the room was clean and spacious. Great location, only two blocks from the center street and plaza, and on a good day you can see the volcano perfectly from the entrance of the hotel. The hotel also offers breakfast of either gallo pinto or cereal and fruit for $2.50, which you can't beat! The only complaint was that the beds were very stiff; I wouldn't say they were uncomfortable but they weren't overly comfortable either. Overall though a great deal with the perfect location, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel El Volcan? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel El Volcan

Address: 150M Norte del parque de la Fortuna San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking
#5 Best Value Hotel in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel El Volcan 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel El Volcan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel El Volcan Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park

If you own or manage Hotel El Volcan, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.