“Lively at times” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lava Rocks Cafe

Lava Rocks Cafe
Costado sur de la iglesia catolica La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 40-4417, Costa Rica
506-24798039
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
bloomington
“Lively at times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

i dropped by here for a couple of beers on my first night. It seems to be one of the livelier places in town because it's on the main road and in the center of town. You can't miss it with the open walls.

The server was nice and gave us some tips and told us how to go to the free part of the tabacon hot springs.

I didn't eat here. Typical prices.

Visited December 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

We were hoping for a refuge on our visit to a very rainy Volcano, unfortunately frozen avocado on a tasteless turkey burger and a very artificially garlicky Caesar wrap did not live up to our expectations of food we've had so far on the island! Also the table was vibrating!?!
We had a nice cake and coffee at the cafe behind the general store so that might be a better bolt hole for lunch.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

This place was great. The music, the service and the food were awesome. I ordered the sangria and the corvina and both were good. Great choice of starters as well.

Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Second Meal in La Fortuna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

THis was my second, off resort, meal in La FOrtuna.

THe staff was friendly, as expected. My lack of SPanish and the minimal English (outside of what was needed for serice) left conversation a bit short. But, I expected that as a solo traveller.

Food was very good - steak was outstanding. Facility was clean and up-to-date. Service was adequate and deserving of a resonable tip. I would return!!

Visited September 2014
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

We had lunch in the middle of the week, were the only customers in the place until the last five minutes. The service could have have been more friendly and prompt--we had to ask for the bill a couple times. We both had the nachos, me with pollo (chicken) and my husband with carne. There was not a lot of meat on either of them. I didn't care for the cheese used, but my husband didn't mind it. The black beans were good. In the end, I wished we had gone somewhere else.

• Visited October 2014