“Great drinks and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lava Rocks Cafe

Lava Rocks Cafe
Costado sur de la iglesia catolica La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 40-4417, Costa Rica
506-24798039
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dallas
“Great drinks and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

Stopped twice to drink and eat at this place, great house drinks, tasty menu, and the Cuban guy at the entrance will hand make silver jewelry while you eat your meal.

Visited July 2014

79% Recommend
Tilaran, Costa Rica
“ALWAYS Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

Been living here 3 1/2 years and every time I go to La Fortuna I eat at Lava Rocks because it is ALWAYS good. I should say ALWAYS GREAT! Guess I get tired of beans and rice sometimes (altho they also offer typical foods) and enjoy having wraps or veggie burgers, more international comfort food, yay!

Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Good food and ceiling fans!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

It was so hot when we were there so i picked a table under the ceiling fan! The food was good, lots of flavour and great guacamole, I had a salad with chicken which was great. We bought the t-shirt! haha

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Nice drinks, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The drinks at this place are nice and reasonable.

We are vegetarians and we found that the meny certainly lacked vegetarian options. We got the vegetarian nachos and that was good. We also ordered a pasta dish and we found that the sauce was watery and the pasta lacked flavor. The service was a bit slow too...It was around 7 pm on a weekend and they were slightly busy so I can understand that. Also their credit card machine was broken so the server took me across the street to some other place and ran my card there. That place was shut and was very dark...It was slightly sketchy..but I made sure the correct amount was charged on my card later that night.

If I were to go here again...I would eat somewhere else before and just go here for drinks.

Visited May 2014
cincinnati, oh
“Very average when it's not being wierd.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Except for one thing, this place is very average. The food is ok, but I suspect very little of it doesn't come out of a can. The veggie nachos were....odd. I didn't want meat on my nachos so I ordered the vegetarian. Imagine my surprise when they came out absolutely covered in steamed green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. I *hate* cauliflower. Yuck. I tried to explain this to the waitress, but either her English or my Spanish didn't make it through. I are around it as best I could. My sister had the Alfredo, which wAs ok. A bit oversalted, but hot, rich an filling. The frescos were very good and probably the saving grace.

• Visited May 2014