When I first I arrived I was immediately greeted by Elena. She quickly made me feel at ease, showed me around the hostel, and offered suggestions around La Fortuna. I spent a few afternoons lazily sitting in the rocking chairs in the front. Throughout my stay the hostel staff was very accomodating.
The hostel is in a great location a couple blocks down from the main street of La Fortuna. Rooms are inward from the street and quiet. Room and bathroom was clean & minimalistic but did give a grey-green painted cement wall vibe. Adjascent bakery offering a tasty assortment of cookies & savory pasteries was definitely a plus.
Through the hostel, I booked a Arenal hiking & Baldi hot springs package for $50 and rapelling from a waterfall, horseback riding, zip lining package for $75. Great deal, especially for the hiking & hot springs since I left @ 3 and came back @ 10:30 PM. I would recommend going with a group of people to chill at the many hot spring pools and swim up bars at Baldi hot springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Inn by CRBackpackers, we are located in the center of La Fortuna (Main road, 250 m east of La Fortuna central park (downhill)). The supermarket and local stores are only 200 meters west on Main Street and walk a little further to find a bank / ATM, cafes, excellent restaurants and bars, all within walking distance. We have a very safe and quiet environment, so come to relax and enjoy our hospitality.Parking.Tour Desk.Communal Kitchen.Wi-Fi and Free Internet.View of Arenal Volcano.Free Coffee, Tea & Maps. TV, Books on the Back Patio.Private Baths with Hot Water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Posada Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Posada Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park