“Worth every penny, great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Descents

Costa Rica Descents
On the main road, towards the volacno in front of Lava Lounge Bar and Grill, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
(506) 8361-2993 / (506) 2479-7308
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Costa Rica Descents is an adventure outfitter specializing in whitewater rafting. On our customized excursions you will literally plunge headfirst into the breathtaking beauty of Costa Rica. Imagine the excitement of whitewater rafting combined with the picturesque environment of Costa Rica's tropical rain forests. With safety as our number one priority, we hand-pick only highly trained and personable guides, whose primary concern is the quality of your experience.We also offer a chance for you to observe our exotic and colorful tropical birds with a qualified ecology expert. With us you can soak away your stress in natural hot springs, explore the country on horseback or a mountain bike and come face to face with the rainforest canopy. We make sure you take full advantage of everything this country s natural beauty has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
“Worth every penny, great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

These guys were super, professional, and fun. They took great care of us and made sure that we enjoyed ourselves. They brought fruit along for a little break in the middle of rafting. The meal at the farm was excellent, with a breathtaking view. The tour of the farm was also very interesting. What I loved the most, was they were not trying to sell you ANYTHING! They sold the pictures from rafting, but that was only $30.00 and well worth it. I highly recommend these dudes.

Visited February 2013
crdescents, Owner at Costa Rica Descents, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for both choosing Costa Rica Descents and your recommendation. We hope to have you here again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“best tour ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my 4th time in Costa Rica and I've done a bunch of tours including prior white water rafting. All the tours have been great but these guys were just really all around fun. They were hilarious (per usual) and the rapids (did class III/IV) were just scary enough to keep you on your toes. But, I always felt safe with my guide. They also provide towels at the end to dry off. If it is a chilly day, wear gym type clothes to stay warmish. And definitely bring dry clothes with you!! The Don Juan farm for lunch had delicious food and was just a great experience. When I go back to CR, I will do this tour again!

Visited March 2013
Safety is our number one concern at all times and we are glad we exceeded that for you. Next time you return, you must try Class V! Pura Vida
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wisconsin girls come to Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked a living social deal through Costa Rica Descents for a week long trip to Costa Rica. They took care of everything - our lodging, activities, transportation, etc. And everything went flawlessly. We felt very taken care of and they were very responsive to our "demanding" needs. We had booked a late late flight out on our last day and despite it being off schedule, they made special accommodations to get us back to the airport. The rafting trip was one of the best experiences of our lives. The guides were amazing - very professional and experienced. We rafted some pretty serious rapids and still felt safe at all times. Overall the group was very friendly and wanted to make sure our trip was great. Would highly recommend this company for not only their rafting/day activities but also if you are looking for a no-hassles vacation where pretty much everything is taken care of for you. Pura Vida!!

Visited February 2013
Thank you for choosing Costa Rica Descents, we are pleased to read you had such a great time here. Also thank you for your recommendation, hopefully we will see you here again soon!
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I am going to keep this short and sweet. This was my first time white water rafting and I had an amazing time with Costa Rica Descents. They were instructive and skilled. I would definitely recommend this tour to my friends, family, and others visiting CR.

Thank you for your recommendation, we hope you make it to Costa Rica again soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“AMAZING ADVENTURE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

White Water Rafting was # 1 on my list of things to experience when I arrived in Costa Rica. I had big expectations for my first rafting trip and my hotel recommended that I use Costa Rica Descents. I was impressed from the start. The staff was on time, organized and friendly. They did an excellent job engaging all of the rafters. The guides were extremely knowledgeable, their instructions were clear and safety was the number one priority. I had so much fun with my group and my guide (David). I was challenged and got to see Costa Rica up close and personal. Navigating through class 5,4, and 3 rapids was truly an unforgettable experience! After we concluded our rafting, I was surprised to find out that lunch and a tour of a beautiful organic farm was included in our package. When we arrived on the farm the staff was enthusiastic and accommodating. They made you feel welcome and their passion and sincerity regarding the farm and the environment was motivating. The lunch was filled with traditional Costa Rican dishes and all the food was organic and from the farm. It was delicious! After lunch, we were given a very fun and informative tour of the organic farm. the tour was very interactive and entertaining. I did not want the day to end. All of the staff at Costa Rica Descents made my experience memorable. I would definitely use Costa Rica Descents again in the future and I would absolutely recommend Costa Rica Descents if you are looking for an unforgettable adventure!!! It was AWESOME!

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you here and we defiantly hope to see you again soon!