“The best local food restaurant I have been to in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soda Viquez

Soda Viquez
150 meters south of the Catholic Church | Calle 1 & Av Arenal, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
USA
“The best local food restaurant I have been to in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Above all - the service is amazing - the lady (owner) of the place is energetic and smiling, very kind and welcoming. I returned to this place and she remembered my name, thanking me for coming back.
I had the local traditional vegetarian Casado and the rice with vegetable dish - both were really good. They sometimes give a free rice with milk dessert. The fruit juice are great!
Nothing here is fancy, and the menu is not special - this is a yet another proof that if you do what you are best at - the result is enjoyable. It is simply a great place to eat at!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious typical Costa Rica food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed several delicious meals at this restaurant. We had the casado de bistec and casado de pescado. Highly recommended! The staff don't speak english so you'll need to be patient with ordering but well worth it :)

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stopped here for lunch during a private tour that my husband and I were on and I am so glad we did! We had the lunch buffet, which was typical Costa Rican food and it was absolutely delicious and one of the best meals we had while visiting Costa Rica!! I am a true believer in experiencing local culture and trying new foods and I am so glad our tour guide took us to this restaurant. We had yuca, plaintains, fresh pineapple juice and guanabana juice (prickle fruit), rice and beans, and pollo and they even gave us dessert of rice pudding - all of it was delicious! The owner is extremely nice and proud of her food, and she should be!!

San Diego, California, United States
“Great place for comida tipico- and great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There is nothing fancy about this joint, but if you're interested in trying some of the typical fare while in La Fortuna, this place was great for the price. It was less than $10/pp and we had a couple of cervezas with our meal. The owner is very nice and very proud of her restaurant, which made the experience even better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Great casado plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

They give you the biggest casado plates full of food that I didn't even recognize and a little plate of rice pudding at the end. The food and value are pretty good, certainly cheaper than eating at a hotel restaurant. The restaurant was full of tourists when we were there. The owner was very nice and greeted us. When I asked how the bill was broken down (some restaurants add 10% gratuity to the bill, some don't), he suddenly stopped talking to me. Still a great place to eat, the nicest looking casado plate I saw on the whole trip.