“Simple, lovely and tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Boulder, Colorado
“Simple, lovely and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Friendly service, good food that everybody in the family enjoyed, nice ambiance, very very good ceviche, in an un-presumptuous local.

Visited June 2013

75% Recommend
“The only thing they offered were high prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The waiter was rude and unwelcoming (and we speak fluent Spanish), which is unfortunate as until now after 1.5 weeks of traveling in Costa Rica we could only say superb things about the service we had thus far received. The ceviche (supposedly what they are known for) was tasteless. Our kids had rice with shrimp which was basically fried rice. My husband was unimpressed with the sea bass and found the vegetables to be inedible. I had read the reviews and was recommended this place by both our hotel and other travelers. I was extremely disappointed and wish we had not gone.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Over priced tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This resturant was horrible from start to finish. When we walked in I said hola and the waiter started speaking English. From here he told told the "specials" which we were told are offered everynight. We continued to ask what the waiter recomeneded and of course he recommended the most expensive things on the menu. Overall this resturant was horrible and I would not recomend it to my worst enemy. This was definty the worst waste of 67 dollars of my life!! Don't fall into all the recomendations don't go here!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“WORST food in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is definitely a tourist trap!! Im shocked at how many good reviews they've received. Probably typical poor diets that people are used to and dont realize that they eat cheap processed garbage. WE on the other hand like REAL and FRESH food.

When we got here we were a little weary. The menu did not reflect local cuisine. It was like being at the outback. Salads, steaks, fish, etc.
We thought ok maybe it will come out Costa Rican style.
One of us ordered the fish special, and our other dish was a steak. Oh and ceviche to start with.
They brought the ceviche out quickly, and it was OK. Not impressive but not terrible.
Then they brought the dishes. My fish and veggies were wrapped in foil and glowing with fire it was really cool. I opened it up and knew right away it wasn't for me, but gave it a shot. It was Tilapia, stuffed with cheese. I've never seen cheese like this. It was so much like rubber that it didn't melted. Orange shredded out of a bag cheese.. I took two bites (which I had to force down.) The veggies surrounding the fish were crinkle cut faded veggies that clearly were poured out of a bag. I cant even describe the combination of flavors that I was experiencing. I couldn't eat it.
Franco got the steak, it was about a 1/4 inch thick with the same crappy vegetables. In his words "I wouldn't even feed this to my dog" as well as "I could probably get a better steak at ihop"
Now maybe we made some poor choices in our selections, but I cant even believe food like is is being served! I saw a few other people getting the fish special, so I cant be that wrong in selecting it!

And YES the server was god awful, when I told him I wanted to switch to sparkling water instead of flat BEFORE he even brought it, he just said "nooo, noooo.. no sorry," instead of trying to understand what I was saying. He would drop stuff off and walk away without ever checking.

This was the most regrettable $65 EVER spent. Stay FAR away!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Value, Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As we were driving to this location I was not sure where we were going as it is down a back street. We arrived and it was a lovely little place, parking for about 6 cars ! My 11 year old daughter commented on the rose that was made from the carrot as she had not seen that before. The waiter said in broken English "come with me". He took her into the kitchen and she was gone for almost half an hour ! She came back and had met all the kitchen staff and watched them make the food as well as made her own carrot flower. This is just something that would never happen in the U.S. Just a wonderful evening of food and laughs about our day. Highly suggest a visit.

Visited June 2013