“Great food, International crowd, Western prices” 5 of 5 stars

2479-9997
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Café
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
Albany, New York
“Great food, International crowd, Western prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Don Rufino is in La Fortuna just off 142 near where it becomes 1 way (turn right if you're coming from Arenal Volcano/the resorts to the west). It has a giant bar, lots of tables, is open air like most restaurants, and has a professional, bilingual staff with fantastic food. My friend had a filet mignon, I had a schezwuan style chicken, and our other friend had some kind of soup. All the food was fantastic, but a little pricey for the area (around $10-$14 for most entrees). Still, it was totally worth it, the drinks were cheap, and there are lots of mixed ticos and international people hanging out.

85% Recommend
Cary, North Carolina
“Good food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food was decent (somewhat expensive) - I ordered a casado but I wish the chicken was not just plain grilled chicken but with a little more CR flair. My husband had a pasta and thought it was tasty. This was one of the better meals at Arenal.

Windsor, Canada
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband had Grandma's chicken after the reccomendation from Frommers. I wish I had ordered it too. It was so tasty. The description turned me off as I do not like coffee flavour, but all the flavourings listed work together to create a very tasty sauce and rub. I had the chicken with risotto and the risotto was cooked perfectly and the chimichurri shrimp that came with the chicken were the best shrimp I've ever had!
It definitely did not disappoint!

Visited November 2012
“Good Food-A little more pricey than other restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We ate here for dinner on our last night in La Fortuna. Service was very good. Menu was diverse with some unique takes on standard food. I had the chicken with kubata squash risotto and shrimp in chimichuri sauce. My husband had a pasta dish. Both were excellent. The staff was very accommodating for our 5 year old daughter. The prices are a little higher than some other restaurants in the area, but definitely worth the extra money.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Great steak, okay BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I enjoyed the Churrasco steak (sp check) very much, however the BBQ sandwich that my girlfriend had was a little questionable. The meat was very tough and not seasoned very well. The staff seemed to be friendly enough but we were not blown away by any means.