“Soda La Tipica -Authentic Costa Rican food” 4 of 5 stars

San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Costa Rican
mascoutah IL
“Soda La Tipica -Authentic Costa Rican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We love eating at down home, friendly restaurants which provide a peek into the culture of the country we are visiting. La Tipica did not disappoint. I felt as if we were served the very food that would have been put on the table in the owners home. Very tasty, wood fired grill. Cosada was great, service was very friendly, courteous, and the price can't be beat. I would recommend stopping here for a meal, it's on the main road into town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food and great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stoped at this place for dinner during my stay at La Fortuna. What had my attention was that it it was wood fire cooked, so we decided to stop and check it out. The place was very humble and the service was excellent. You can feel the kindness and the warm heart of the Costarican culture at this place. I ordered a churrasco with patacones. The churrasco had that unique smoked wood flavor that was mouth watering and cooked right. The patacones are pretty standard everywhere but these two together was like a match made in heaven. I recommend to try this if you are a steak lover. After our meal we stayed like an hour extra just chatting with our waiter. We felt at home. I recommend stoping by.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Iowa, United States
“Authentic Costa Rican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This was the first restaurant we ate at our first night in La Fortuna. We all ordered casado and were not disappointed in the taste.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, Costa Rica
“Basic eating, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

The menu is more pretentious than what is delivered, but I must tell that the flavor is better by far than "La Choza de Laurel"
I will say, traditional food and not ·"Tipical"!!!

Visited March 2012
Miami, Florida
“Typical Tico food for cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've been here a few times during my two trips to Costa Rica, mostly because it's cheap, tasty, fast, and in the middle of town. I even saw some of my tour guides stop by to grab something before work. The fresh fruit shakes are really tasty, and the owners/workers are friendly and accommodating, even if you don't speak much Spanish.

Visited August 2011