Me and my girlfriend decided to take a small vacation out of San Jose (We are locals). We bought an offer on a popular discount site (Locals Only) and we were on our way. We took a rental car as mine was going into the paint shop, we took a Hyundai Accent Blue from Adobe Rent a Car and we left San Jose around 11 AM.
I knew the Hotel was a few KMs out of Arenal, and our GPS (Regular Garmin) found the place with ease. On arrival the small reception kind of gave a negative impression, but the person receiving was extremely friendly (not sure if he was the owner). He welcomed us, talked to us about the tour we picked, and explained to us how the hotel was set up and the breakfast. He then took us to the room.
The rooms were very pleasant, they are small but comforting, they include a small fridge, and a nice LCD TV. The shower was pretty big and nice, the bed was comfortable, and the room was well set up overall, some nice decorations.
The hotel itself was nice, the surroundings included a small wood table and trunks to sit on, the pool area looked nice (didn't use it).
The food was rather below average, the fruit was OK, the pinto on the first day was very dry and didn't really have any taste, but it wasn't that bad. The drinks good and the coffee aswell.
Take note, if YOU come to this hotel, you will need a CAR, or awesome hitchhiking skills, it is far from Arenal. Around 10 minutes by car.
* The coffee maker in our room was dirty, and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year.
* Lavatory had a small leak, on the first day they said they would fix it, by the time we left, still no fix.
* With the curtains closed the room is very dark, might be a good idea to have night table lamps or something.
* There is no restaurant, but they do make food if you order it. We ordered dinner and they gave me a small piece of chicken that looked like it had come off a small chick.
* AC took a while to cool and it was noisy. (And was leaking on the wood inside the room)
* Price, for what we got, the price was fair I guess.
* Friendly service, even if we were local they were very nice and friendly.
* Room was cleaned daily and gave fresh towels.
* Far from everything, so it is VERY quiet. It gives piece of mind.
* The whole layout of the hotel is very nice, and green areas a in top shape.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.