The Springs was over-the-top in size and opulence. The resort and its rooms are new, beautifully appointed, comfortable, and luxurious. The springs themselves are fabulous. We tried soaking in all of them and enjoyed turning our fingers into prunes with our long, comfy soaks. Because the hotel was not crowded, many of the pools were our own private haven for a little while. The volcano was often obscured by clouds, so the main proof we had about the geothermal activity was the hot spring water. The food in the upscale "reservations only" restaurant on the premises was good, but the lunch and dinner menus in the other restaurants were disappointing. We had better meals in Costa Rica in little diners along the road than the food here. We did two on-property excursions: horseback riding and ATV riding, and thought both of them were great, and reasonably priced for what you got. The spa was another treat - beautifully appointed and with capable staff. Overall, service was a bit of a disappointment: the staff were pleasant but we often had to repeat requests (for milk in coffee, for the check, etc.) before we got what we wanted. There was little sense of the hotel anticipating our needs (for example, they did not communicate to housekeeping when we were out of the room on the horses or ATV, so housekeeping tried to make up our room when we were in the room.) The minibar was not refilled during our 2-night stay. I think we were picky about the service because we had just come from the Gaia Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, which has the best service on the planet! But overall, The Springs was a lovely experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park