“I keep dreaming about going back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Orlando, Florida
“I keep dreaming about going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed here with my wife on a business trip and I was in awe of the magnificent view of the Arenal Volcano. It was picture perfect.

The hot springs were fun, the staff was young but courteous, the food was awesome (at Las Ventanas), and the drinks were strong. What more do you really need?

I was surprised at how big out room was - it actually had two baths. My favorite surprise was when wifey and I retreated early to watch a movie and relax --- BOOM!! --- the surround sound kicked.

On our last night there we got to see the Volcano burp and shoot up some lava- AMAZING.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

This Resort "The Springs", is a fantasy come to life, everything is absolute perfection, no attention to detail is spared, all the staff are extreamly friendly and go out of thier way to do any thing for you. Every meal was perfect and the horse back riding up into the mountains just fabulous... and.the hot springs were just amazing..

Every single guest felt the same way; we all walked around saying every 5 min. "Oh My Goodness" isn't this amazing," this is just the best or have you ever seen any thing like this place"?? That Volcano is magical.. This was a once in a life time experiance, I have been to 55 countries with many more to go, but I doubt that any where I stay will be able to compare... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You....

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

A place of ideal beauty and loveliness. I cannot describe how wonderful this hotel is. I have stayed at a lot of nice hotels and this is by far the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. From the moment we walked in - they handed us a welcome drink... The service was out of this world. The rooms are more beautiful than the pictures describe... Each room has the most perfect view of the Volcano. Each spring is more beautiful than the next... The pools, the grounds, the spa, the staff ... perfection. By the time we left, everyone on the staff new our names, we were treated like family. And nothing -not one detail was left unattended. I couldnt recommend more!!!

Monteverde, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I have traveled extensively in Costa Rica, and this resort is the most exquisite place I've seen in the whole country. It is stunning every way you turn and seamlessly run by a top notch staff.

We stayed in the Alta Vista Guest Room and were blown away. Heavenly beds, deeeep jetted bath tub with candles & guazey curtains that make you feel like the Queen of Sheeba, stunning view of the volcano, totally private large balcony (with table, hammocks, chairs, flowery vines and hummingbird feeder). Every details is covered. They left out nothing.

The pools are extensive, pampering, and jaw-dropping beautiful. They range from refreshingly cold to muscle-relaxing hot, from lightly chlorinated to natural hot springs with high mineral content, and from secluded & romantic to a social environment.

My spa day was out of this world. Massage, then body wrap with exotic spices & oils, exfoliation, and facial mud mask. Truly luxurious.

The five story lodge is a work of art. I purposefully walked up the stairs every time instead of using the elevator, just so I could witness the beauty of this place.

No words describing the beauty & perfection of The Springs could be an exaggeration. By the time we left, half of their extensive staff knew our names & greeted us with personal good-byes. The food is mouth-watering (with LOTS of options).

110% perfect. Didn't want to leave, and will be back VERY soon!

THANK YOU! We had the time of our lives!

daytona beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This resort is 5 stars all the way! I was awed from the first step into the hotel. There was a host to show us around and give a tour of the property and the many different temperature springs. We stayed in an "Alta Vista" room since we were there for our honeymoon. The room is breathtaking! There is a stone jacuzzi on the terrace for you to sit in and enjoy the view of the volcano. We didn't get to see lava flow, but we did enjoy the jacuzzi. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us. They were able to help us book tours, get a taxi, and recommend restaurants outside the hotel. We went white water rafting and canyoning for some adventure. We relaxed in the hotel with the swim up bar and hot springs. We left to go to Manuel Antonio, but I would HIGHLY recommend staying at The Springs (Manuel Antonio was nowhere near as nice!)

* I gave this hotel a 5 star rating for value because their prices in the resort were the same as other RESORTS in the area (ex: $9 rum and coke) and you cannot compare this room with ANY other resort (comfy bed, down comforter, and the sheer elegance).........However, if you want a good meal and cocktails at a great value, take a taxi into town and go to the Lava Lounge (the fish ceviche and hot wings are fabulous!)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

There is nothing like it in the world. It is easy to get to from San Jose airport. Your are greeted with smiles and a welcome drink. Every part of the resort has a spectacular view of the Arenal volcano. My wife and I both had a massage at the Spa and we both had an excellent experience. The room was furnished with a 5 Star touch which included a roman bath tub, marble floors, large shower stall, comfortable bed and a sound system with an ipod hook up. We ate all of our meals there and the food and service was outstanding. One evening we ate and relaxed at the Sushi Bar. We had drinks at the smim up pool and relaxed in the several hot mineral springs throughout the property. We went down the Monkey Slide (water slide) at least 3 times. Make sure you visit the rescued animals on the property. There are several tours you can book at the front desk. We went on Sky Trek (zip line), repelled through waterfalls and went river rafting. One night the volcano glowed at top from the hot lava. This resort must be seen on person, the pics do not do it justice.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

The staff, the owner, Lee Banks and the surroundings all echoed true warmth, leisure, fun , romance and elegance. I have traveled throughout the world, and this hotel was one of the most beautiful and accommodating hotels that I have ever stayed in. When we arrived we were seated during the reception process and served mimosas with bruschetta. After taking in the beauty, ten minutes later, we decided to stay two nights instead of one. We live part time in Nuevo Arenal and Santa Barbara. This is a "must experience" hotel for anyone! Don't pass this up!

LISA MENDELSON,
SANTA BARBARA, CA
MENDELSON.LISA@ GMAIL.COM

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!