My husband and I just recently stayed at the Springs,WOW! What a beautiful place! We enjoyed the drive to the resort, and arrived at this exotic paradise. We were greeted with welcome glasses of delicious fresh juice made from passion fruit and oranges.Then we were shown around and to our room. The room was great with a wall size window to see the volcano. When you lay on the luxurious bed, you watch the magnificent volcano. AMAZING! Right away we put on our bathing suits and went to the pools.There are 16 pools. My favorite was the hot mineral springs at 103 degrees. This water worked like magic on my sore muscles and knees. I felt like a new girl when I got out. We went in every pool and loved them all. We had a delicius buffet breakfast every morning, watching the volcano. Sometimes you would see smoke coming out, we were lucky we saw lava one night.Awesome! All of the food that we enjoyed during our stay,was very delicious and the service was excellent! Everyone was so friendly. We even met the owner,Lee Banks. What a very nice and interesting man. He made us feel at home and suggested some adventure tours. We chose The sky trek zip line, the most fun thing I`ve ever done, repelling down waterfalls,incredible,and horseback riding. We rode horses on the property with our guide,Jorge. He was really great. He led us on a wonderful ride, showing us the property,and on a lovely path by the babbling brook. We saw the animal shelter, where Lee rescued and takes care of 27 wild cats and monkeys. We adventured during the day and stayed in the hot springs at night. This place is truly heaven on earth.
Giancarlo Quiroz and Carol Donahue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park