We traveled with another couple in Costa Rica and spent 3 nights at this glorious hotel. I cannot say enough about the comfort of the room, including the balcony. I think all rooms have a view of the Arenal Volcano which was in eruption mode while we were there. The hotel was pretty empty due to the "very wet season" so we had no problem getting in to the restaurants on property. The food was delicious and the price for food and beverages was fair. My husband and I had a couples massage at the spa which was very relaxing. We had exceptionally rainy weather while we were there and so didn't plan any canopy/zipline trips. We did visit the wild animal reserve on premises and had the guided tour there. There were so many butterflies and birds around that we don't feel we were deprived because we weren't out and about. In the morning we could hear the howler monkeys nearby. The mineral/volcanic pools on property were very clean and were a great place to soak and relax. We went to dinner in La Fortuna one night at Don Rufino's (highly recommend it) and were supposed to take the hotel shuttle into town. The shuttle wasn't running so the hotel arranged a cab to take us in free of charge, but the cab driver either didn't know where he was going or intentionally took us to another (empty) restaurant. We figured we were at the wrong place and so walked to Don Rufino's and were glad we did. Our next hotel (Paradisus Playa Conchal) was a huge disappointment after staying at this elegant and classy hotel. Highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park