Our group, two couples (one in their 50s and the other in their 30s), two friends (40s), and two teenagers (18) made the trip a couple of weeks ago. The hotel made arrangements for us to be picked up at the airport...as soon as we cleared customs and walked outside, there was our driver holding a card up with our name on it. Immediately, our driver had our luggage taken to the van (a nice comfortable air conditioned vehicle), loaded up and we were off. It took several hours but the views along the way were awesome. Upon arrival, we were immediately greated and checked in and our luggage was taken to our rooms and we were given a tour of the property. Our rooms were large and comfortable, the bed...of so comfortable, and the view...stunning. All of our rooms had a perfect view of the volcano and many times throughout our 6 night stay we saw eruptions and a couple of times heard bigger ones. With our different age group, we were all equally entertained with everything available. Some went horseback riding, white water rafting, ATVs, a canopy-zip line that was the best ever, had massages, laid around the many pools, enjoyed the springs and drank and ate. It was a good time for all of us and we were sadden to leave. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO GO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park