My husband and I spent 6 nights at The Springs Resort & Spa mid-May for our honeymoon. We had an absolutely AMAZING time and were sad to leave. The property is beautiful with unbelieveable views of the volcano, whether we were at the pools, in the restaurants or in our room. The Perdidos hot springs were extremely relaxing, we grabbed early evening cocktails every night at the Perdidos bar and hung out in the springs through sunset. The resort offers a very intimate, romantic and relaxed environment which is exactly what we were looking for.
The room (#219) was fantastic. A fabulous bathroom and large bedroom with a large patio and our own private hot mineral spring. We also had two hammocks on our private covered patio which were perfect for late afternoon naps during the rain.
The staff was fabulous. Not just from a service standpoint, but also extremely friendly and great to converse with. Some of our favorites if you go there: Jose who bartends at the Perdidos Hot Springs, Ellio and Roxanna who work at the sushi bar/game room, Jonathan at the swim up bar and Grisela who worked at TreeTop Grill.
My husband and I are very active individuals, while we like our relaxing down time, we also love experiencing the activities that are known in a particular locale. The Springs Resort works closely with some of the top rated companies like Pure Trek, Wave Expeditions, Sky Trek etc. to offer their guests top notch activities. Although some of the activities are pricey, it is definately worth it. We did the Hanging Bridge Tour, Zip Lining, Waterfall Rapelling, White Water Rafting and ATV Tours. We tried to do the nighttime Lava Tour, but it wasn't clear enough.
The food was great. The breakfast buffet was a fabulous deal, sushi was fresh, I recommend the Mahi fish burger that you can order at the TreeTop Grill or swim up bar.
Overall I highly recommend this resort. What makes this property so unique is that it is truly a 5 star experience but doesn't sacrifice authenticity or local flavor for luxury. One of the only higher end resorts that makes you feel like you are truly experiencing the country you are visiting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park