We travelled for two weeks in Costa Rica and booked this place via a tour guide at very short notice, I am so glad we did. This place is quite simply stunning! The moment you walk into the reception area, you are met by a volcanic vista, surrounded by perfect design. The hotel is designed to bring nature inside and blend into its ourdoor surroundings. It is light, airy and a world apart from any other new hotel I have stayed in for years!
We had an upstairs room, with huge king bed, a window the size of a cinema screen and a huge balcony with his and hers hammocks from which to watch the humming birds come and go. The bathroom was just gorgeous with a large walk-in shower and jacuzzi raised from the floor... very glamorous. To top this off, unlike most hotels that have an in room mini-bar, our room hada wine rack, with a full selection of world wines. We had no need to close the curtains at night, as the rooms are so private, plus we were able to watch the most stunning display of fireflies every night and listen to nature's chorus of frogs and crickets.
To top this... the food is wonderful... (how unusual to travel to Costa Rica and find a fantastic sushi bar, prepared infront of you!) The spa... one of the best massages I have ever had. The gym is outstanding with separate cardio-room with volcano views and constant supply of fresh iced water. The staff... attentive, professional and friendly. We had such fun with the bar staff and an impromtu evening of spanish lessons and local cocktails mixed personally for us.
Last but not least... the springs... these are the reason we booked here and are simply heavenly. There are two groups of springs which consist of multiple pools of varying sizes, temperatures and strength of volcanic minerals; one of the springs is fed by a natural supply, the one surrounding the hotel itself is man made. I recommend getting up early and you will have the pools entirely to yourself, failing that go after dark when the fireflies are out, simply beautiful.
Be aware though that during the day, non-hotel resident visitors are able to pay to access the spring pools, which would be my only criticism, as this somewhat detracts from an otherwise highly private and exclusive retreat... but who can blame them. I did not want to leave and highly recommend that if you are in Costa Rica... you need to spend at least a night here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park