We stayed at the Springs Resort in Arenal for 3 days with our two young boys (ages 6 and 10). What a fantastic place! We drove 3 hours from San Jose to get there, up and down winding roads seemingly in the middle of nowhere and then came the oasis that is the Springs. Our room was fantastic (#101)...had a separate room for the kids with 2 single beds that was perfect so they had their own space and so did we. All the rooms face the volcano. My husband enjoyed quiet coffee on the patio each morning in our pj's...listening to the sounds, watching the hummingbirds and staring at the volcano. The cat sanctuary was a huge hit with the boys and Allen was highly knowledgeable. Andres was a particularly personable waiter who went out of his way to talk to the boys and work on their spanish when he saw them. The 18 pools were beyond amazing. I think we made it to at least 15 of them. The kids particularly liked the Monkey slide which seemed almost hidden in the jungle (in a great way). We could linger in the heated mineral pool above the slide and keep an eye on the kids at the same time.
We enjoyed the restaurants and bars and made use of the game level (pool, chess and checkers) daily. The food was good but not outstanding. For dinner we'd hoped for more local cuisine...less of the international food that can be found anywhere. One suggestion for the Springs might be to add some "Typico" cuisine to the menu....the kind of food grandmas in Costa Rica cook.
While in Arenal we went to the Lake, did a horseback riding tour up the volcano with Defasio Tours [--] which was outstanding. The horses actually ran quite a bit and we all had a great time. We also went to town for dinner and did a quick tour of Lake Arenal. We didn't make it to the Hanging Bridges part (right near the lake) but it is on our list for next time.
Would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to couples or families with children. We would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park