Awesome place. Very posh. Rooms were great, well stocked minibars. Hot springs on site, varying temperatures. And hey-ya' gotta' give it up for a bar you have to wade up to. Good food everywhere we ate.
We never made it into La Fortuna. It's a bit pricey to stay at the Springs Resort so we wanted to experience it. If you want night life, you'll have to go into the city and you can defintitely stay at a cheaper place. If you want quiet and posh (e.g. families) this is your spot. Note that day passes are available.
Would definitely go back.
1. Our stay included a complimentary massage. Book it as soon as possible (or even in advance of your arrival) as we were only there two days and couldn't get in.
2. GET THE SUSHI CHESS! It's not on the menu, but they have a game area (pool/darts/large chess board) near the sushi bar. Skip the sushi boat and get the chess instead. They take the board, wrap it in plastic, and bring it back set up. Recommend the tuna for the pawns as it was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park