The hotel was grand. Five floors of common space. The room was absolutely beautiful. The spa's sauna had the most incredible wood work I'd ever seen. Not to mention the amazing 18 pools and hot springs.
There was but one problem - being the most expensive hotel in the area, yet it allowed day trippers to come in for $25 a day and to use all the facilities and pools till 11 pm at night! Why pay $400+ to stay there? The pools were always busy with day trippers. The way the hotel was built required a large number of staff - so many common facilities, restaurants, spas, pools - all needed people around the clock. Revenue from day trippers might be what kept all the people employed. But really, the hotel should have some "hotel guest only" areas to service the paying customers.
Bottom line, it was a really nice facility. Kudos to the builder/developer! Still needs some work to learn how to run the place though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park