Just returned from Costa Rica. We stayed at The Springs for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip. It was fantastic.
As many of the reviewers have described the hotel in depth, I will include only a few details from our stay.
The general manager, Joey, was extremely attentive as was all of the staff. More than once, he stopped in the middle of his busy day to assist us or see to a request.
Our group consisted of two couples. We stayed in the Villa Calatea 2 Bedroom villa. It was a phenomenal setup for the four of us. The room rate was much reduced because it was the low season when we visitied. For us it was a great value considering what we received in return.
Despite the low number of guests, most hotel facilities seemed to be well staffed. The food was great for what we wanted to eat.
The pools were incredible. Everything from 78 degree to 103 degree pools that I could find. There were waterfalls, swim up bar, infinity edges. There were many, many pools which made it easy to find a quiet place if you wanted.
The remote location did make quick trips into town difficult. My recommendation would be to take any groceries with you on the way to the hotel-- drinks, food, etc. The only reason to go anywhere after arrival would be for tours, etc and the occasional visit to La Fortuna downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park