We did not actually stay at the hotel, but we visited the hot springs during a recent trip to Costa Rica. I must say the resort is absolutely stunning, it is beautiful in and out. The hot springs were very nice, and the landscape was beautiful. But our trip to the resort was cut very short due to rain. The roads leading to the Resort were very steep, and were not paved. We were affraid that if it rained too much, and got too slippery that we would get stuck and not be able to get out to the main road, to get back to out hotel.
I was very surprised that in all the reviews I read about this property that there was nothing mentioning the conditions of the road leading to the hotel. This road is 3 miles long, and is all gravel/dirt. They resort is going working on the road now, and told us they hoped to have in completed within the year, but for now, you really need to have a 4WD vehicle or chance getting stuck. At the first sight of rain, we left the property, loaded as much weight to the back of our vehicle and went on our way. We only had minor slipping troubles, but there were several other people in our situation, and those in smaller cars were not so lucky. They would slip and slide back down the steep roads. We were just glad to be out of there before the rain got harder as it did not long after. The resort will be very nice once the road is completed, but for now, I would not consider it a 5 star resort just based on the inaccessibilty the roads cause.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park