We stayed at The Springs for only one night as part of our 4 nights stay in the Arenal area as we wanted to enjoy an entire day in the Springs and not worry about driving back to our hotel. I did not choose this hotel as our primary hotel in the area as it is very expensive, a bit out of the way and and I feared it would be overrun with way too many people. But surprisingly, it was very quiet during our stay. We stayed last December before the holidays and before many people knew about this place. For the purpose of using the springs, it was perfect. I don't think the food is fantastic, though we only had food from the bar and dinner at one of the more casual restaurants outside by the springs that was sufficient. We got great service at the pools, though the bar down by los perdidos was closed which was disappointing. After 8pm we had the main hot spring that has a swim up bar mostly to ourselves which was ideal. The rooms are amazing and though we never got to see the very top of the volcano due to all the clouds, the views could be enjoyed from both our bed and the lovely large balconies in front. The bathroom is very well appointed with a huge jacuzzi type tub and very large shower. Everything except for your welcome drink is an extra cost, including breakfast which should be included in nightly rate. Maybe not the best value, but the springs are probaly worth the splurge if you have children or love spending your entire day in the pools which are truly special. Has a side note, they did leave the battery on in our rent-a-car and try to blame it on us, but paid for our cab to our excursion the next day, fixed the car and had it delievered to us so I can't complain too much about that. Overall, a very nice place to spend a couple of days.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.