The location is good and bad. It has a breathtaking view of the Volcano (fifth time to Arenal, first time actually seeing it.) We chose the less expensive Vista room, I can not imagine that the Alta Vista rooms have a better view.
The choice of hot springs was very impressive. Since it is low season, the hotel was pretty empty. So Los Perdidos (the lost springs) was very romantic and secluded. The Laguna swim up bar is the best place to meet and chat with fellow travellers.
The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. It was positioned you could lie in bed and look at the mountain through the picture window and still watch the flat screen positioned over it.
And there is time to watch tv. The resort pretty much rolls up by 10pm. But that gave us a chance to try out the beautiful, hand tiled, jaquizzi. My husband is 6'3, and he was able to stretch out fully in the tub. He loved it.
If at all possible, take advantage of the promotional price they are offering now. The promotion includes 2 free massages. So at the discounted rate, with the spa credit, The Springs is an amazing value as well as an amazing resort.
The one problem is that they haven't finished paving the road yet. It is 3.5 km of authentic Costa Rican driving. I recommend 4WD and a sports bra. But it is all good, we never wanted to leave anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park